Toynami just released a 1/100 scale vinyl Regult battlepod!
The back of the box has an interesting description on the Regult’s design.
The Regult on the back of the box looks more white than the figure really is: the battlepod is off-white/light-gray. It’s almost as tall as a 1/60 Yamato valkyrie!
Height comparison with Yamato 1/60 VF-1A Max TV Type
And it’s taller than the Revoltech Regult.
Revoltech Regult (left), Toynami Regult (right)
The Regult is nicely painted all around!
The box boasts 9 points of articulation, and here they are:
- The two front cannons rotate in all directions, but not enough to face completely forward. (#1 and #2)
- The boosters rotate ever so slightly. (#3 and #4)
- The cockpit rotates left and right about 1/8 of an inch (#5)
- The legs rotate about 180 degrees. (#6 and #7)
- The knee bottoms rotate 360 degrees (#8 and #9).
- The upper knee joint and upper thigh joint are fixed to keep the Regult from falling over.
- The rear cannons look like they can rotate, but they don’t.
The material is a very soft vinyl/PVC. When I hold the Regult, it feels light and soft, and definitely not as rigid as a Yamato valkyrie. A big plus: no nasty vinyl odor!
There are no gimmicks/add-ons for this toy, unfortunately. But what I like most about it is it’s big!
Finally, a bit of trivia: there’s some Zentraedi markings on the hip:
Let’s consult Macross Chronicle Issue 41 for the Zentraedi alphabet!
Zentraedi alphabet in Macross Chronicle, Issue 41, Page 22.
The blue upside-down “A” is the letter “J”. The markings beneath it translate to “1130P2”. I wonder what that refers to!
I bought this from Robotech.com. Here’s the product page: http://www.robotech.com/store/viewproduct.php?id=368 It was shipped FedEx Ground, and I received it in 2 days!